GreenSoul - Welcome!

"How the line in life, nature, science, philosophy, religion constantly returns into itself. The opposite poles become one when the circle is completed. All truth revolves about one center. All is a manifestation of one law...and is better enjoyed with a nice glass of wine"

-Sarah Alden Bradford Ripley


Ok, I added that last part about the wine. But I do believe the above is the most perfect phrase I've ever come across to describe my perspective. I hope you enjoy the blog. I welcome your comments and value your consideration.

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Post Script from the 7 Day Detox Cleanse

This is one of my all-time favorite poems. I keep it tacked up in my bathroom cabinet and found myself reading it a lot this week. It has a special significance for me, and I hope the words inspire a deeper connection with your self, too

Love After Love

The time will come when,
with elation, you will greet yourself arriving,
at your own door, in your own mirror
and each will smile at the other's welcome,
and say, sit here.

Eat.

You will love again the stranger who was your self.
Give wine. Give bread. Give back your heart
to itself, to the stranger who has loved you all your life,
whom you ignored for another,
who knows you by heart.

Take down the love letters from the bookshelf,
the photographs, the desperate notes,
peel your own image from the mirror.
Sit. Feast on your life.

Author: Derek Walcott

No comments:

Post a Comment